Our mission is to empower youth using outdoor adventure learning to help them achieve their personal potential. Through outings in the mountains and on the sea, participants will develop a strong foundation for personal health and well-being, expand their understanding of environmental awareness, and gain practical life skills.
how it works
MTNS2SEA partners with schools to provide at-risk youth with weekly outdoor adventure outings that focus on leadership skills, goal setting, and environmental awareness.
The program operates during the school year and outings consist of hiking, sailing, surfing, trail maintenance, local historical sites, working with community partners on environmental stewardship projects, and overnight backpacking...activities to promote self-growth, self-reflection, and serving the community.
What students get
- Weekly outdoor adventure learning outings
- Strong foundation for personal growth
- Paid stipend upon completion of program
- Junior staff employment opportunities
- Environmental awareness and conservation education
- Life skills for future employment
- Physical activity!